Saturday, May 4, 2013

RIbbit! Toad shopping!

It recently came to our attention on our last trip that our little toad was not cutting it for others. Normally I wouldn't care what others thought or wanted in terms of my own stuff, but well, when your momma say's "you need a toad that will be big enough for ME to come along!" you listen and act. So, off we went to find the perfect toad for our coach - per momma's statement.

Our current toad is a 1997 Mazda Miata convertible and I love her. She is a blast to drive, a conversation piece, and so light you never know she's back there until you glance at the backup camera screen or walk to the rear of the coach. She is red. I love her. She has white racing stripes and a chrome roll bar, and I love her. Did I mention I love her?



So, there you have it. I am going from this beauty (on long trips) to a 4 door car. We really wanted a smaller 4 door truck and were going to trade in the big truck but the hubs decided that he loves his truck just as much as I love my Miata. <sigh> Here we go! 
We ended up with a 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt that matches the coach perfectly but needs to be readied for a tow bar. Mind you, this is an expensive venture to the tune of around 2 grand. So, Don has decided to go with a dolly. Normally, I wouldn't care but the whole point of RVing is to minimize the clutter and a dolly just adds to the stuff one has to store, maintain, and worry about. 
When we get it all worked out and cleaned up (the new/used car), I will post pics. Until then, have a "toadally" great day! 
Your ever worrying about what others think, bloggerette

No comments:

Post a Comment